Jim Lien, Sr. VP, Learning and Development
Jim spent 34 year as as an educator in a school district where he was trained and mentored by some of the most talented leaders in the Pacific Northwest. His time spent as a teacher and as a principal brought exceptional leadership opportunities. Jim successfully led his staff through the tremendous changes in education that occurred through the implementation of No Child Left Behind. In addition he gained valuable insight in training and leadership development while serving as a regional liaison for Project Leadership, the largest training program for School Administrators in the state. For 23 years he helped Project Leadership design leadership curriculum as well as teaching leadership classes. As a Senior Consultant for Haploos, Jim assisted in designing and implementing a successful Leadership Training Program for Husky Oil. Since retirement as a middle school principal, Jim has been thrilled to join Haploos as a senior consultant, loving sharing his leadership knowledge with others.
Functional Expertise and Experience
- Middle school Principal for 23 years. Job duties included; hiring, staff development and training, safety planning and implementation, vision and goal setting , implementing and leading change, budget management, data collection, coaching and supervision, curriculum development, establish and meeting accountability measures and customer satisfaction, communications internally and externally, technology development and implementation, and promoting and achieving student success.
- Senior Consultant, Haploos. Helped design curriculum for Leadership Training Courses for Husky Oil. Implemented and taught the course.
- Project Leadership regional liaison for 23 years. Job duties included leadership curriculum development , teaching leadership classes, mentoring and motivating leaders.
- Park and Recreation Commissioner for 27 years and still active. The Parks Department has developed over 15 parks during this time and the recreation Department has created a world class recreation program that is in large part due to a partnership with the school district.
- Lake City Community Church Worship Team, Bass Player.
Masters of Educational Administration, University of Idaho
B. A. Political Science minor Music, University of Long Beach,